in classical Latin, it means ‘in the middle of things‘ – I use this section to not freak out about how many things I’ve got in the works, and also as a memory aid for insurance against future episodes of chronic illness.
You can read it too if you’re interested in the writerly/occasional musicking things I do/am going to do.Why do I make these so link-laden? I’m proud, grateful and chuffed to be associated with them, doing work I love, so if you’re curious, look ’em too. I don’t work in a vacuum, and these folks inspire me.
general stuff (updated Thu 7 Feb 2019)
- hoping to read, write and edit lots before work-proper resumes – this didn’t work but this was due to other awesome projects I can’t yet talk about
- editing my non-fiction poetry chapbook based on experiences in hospital (started beginning of 2018) which is looking like it’ll be full-lengthish
- Liminal mag interview is coming, promise. Oh my gosh THE PHOTOS.
- a monthly beer-and-book match-up for the blog (which I’ll try to get funded via my Patreon
- will continue to review zines and drinks on a fortnightly basis (due to a semi-regular job) – turns out trying to do that weekly last year was very ambitious!
- finishing the homoerotic videogame ekphrastic trio of poems I started in 2018 (it totally is as much fun as it sounds!)
- flipping through contrib copies of APJ 8.2 ‘Spoken’, Archer’s #11 ‘Gaze’ & Rabbit’s ‘Belonging’ issue now that I’ve had time to sit down and squee properly
- dayish job starts again! Turns out getting kids excited about creative writing at Creative Write-It is very much my jam
- Djed Press published two parts of my ‘Clarity’ psychogeographic suite and asked me some questions about my poetic process (thanks SO much to my fabbo editor Vidya Rajan and Leah Jing McIntosh for the gleeful Preston Market photo that accompanies!)
- the Midsumma Consent Festival 2019 happened (and I couldn’t go, but there were fab folx involved such Adolfo Aranjuez, Bam Bam, Concrete Queers & PlayReactive)
- in between working very, very hard on a fantastic last-minute-ish project, I’m moving house!
- Midsumma ‘Rapid Fire‘ – 6 minutes of poetry from 12 writers. Come! I’ll be reading a poem that just recently got accepted for publication.
- back in the Co-burg, heck yeah! co-hosting WMN‘s first feminist bookclub pick – please come! We’re doing Maxine Beneba Clarke’s Foreign Soil. She’s amazing!
- the plan is to be a book reviewing demon of the highest and best order this month
- Melbourne Spoken Word is doing a ‘Creative Accounting’ gig and asked a few of us to nominate our poetic heroes, so please come along and support the poets who are kindly donating their time to us for your aural, word-nerd pleasure – FB event details here
- I feel like something else has happened and I’m forgetting to list it…